Thursday, January 25, 2007

BIG Babies!

I had my 32 week appt at the perinatal center in the hospital on Wednesday. The babies continue to look great! Baby A (boy) is breech, and it this point there is not much hope that he'll turn. That means its almost inevitable that we'll be having a c-section. The doctor said its just too crowded in there for them to make a big move like that.
As I suspected, Baby B is measuring bigger than her brother. (Call it a mommy hunch, I guess). She is weighing 4 lbs 5 oz! She is laying with her head just under my heart and her little knees tucked nicely under my rib cage on my right side. I feel her move sooo much, and I see her little knees and elbows poke through alot. I love it! She had the hiccups during her scan, and I saw her belly jumping up and down. She has big chubby cheeks, too.
Baby B is butt down. His head is just below his sister's feet. I feel monements from him, but they are different from hers. He is down lower and that is probably why. He is weighing abour 3 lbs 14 oz - just a tad smaller than his sister.
The doc said the amniotic fluid levels are a tad high - just on the border of the high side, but nothing to be concerned about. and actually common with twins, I'll continue to have my fluids checked every week starting in 2 weeks.
I'll start seeing my OB every week now - starting today.

The nursery is painted (thanks Mom!) and we'll continue to work on it this weekend - we need to put up the molding and border.

This week was better for me...not so depressing! I had some company, and I was able to get out a couple of times. Thanks for your continued support everyone... we're in the home stretch and it's only a matter of weeks until they are here! Can't wait!

No comments: