Saturday, August 18, 2007

The lady with the twins...

I have taken on the daunting task of creating a neighborhood directory. I made flyers and put them in every mailbox in the neighborhood. I requested names, email addresses, phone numbers and children's names and ages. My thought is that we can all get to know eachother and form a 'community' as opposed to just a 'neighborhood.' The responses keep coming in, and I am very excited about it.

Anyhow, as I was delivering these flyers, I introduced myself to the neighbors who happened to be outside. I had this exact conversation 4 times on Thursday evening:

Me: Hi.
Them: Hi.
Me: I'm Michelle. I live at xxxx road - up on the corner.
Them: Oh yeah. You're the one with the twins.
Me: Yep, that's me.
Them: You must have your hands full.

So... apparently everyone already knows who I am around here! I'm "The lady with the twins."


"Mind you, there are 3 other sets of twins in the neighborhood. Crazy, isn't it?

No comments: