Monday, March 09, 2009

Park it!




I have to vent. It's been awhile since I have done that, right?

This very scenario has happened more than twice which makes it worth blogging about.

This morning, I packed up the kids and we headed to Walmart. I was running later that I would have liked due to the time change, so we got there around 10am. I found a decent parking spot, packed A&A in the stroller and headed in. We didn't buy anything on this trip - it was purely to price check a few things.
When we finished and headed back to the car, there was an SUV already waiting for me to leave so he could have my parking spot. I hadn't even unlocked the doors yet!

Dude! I have THREE KIDS to strap safely their into car seats and a double stroller to collapse and get back into my trunk before I can even think about leaving my spot. It's going to take a minimum of 3-5 minutes for me to do so.

The guy was clearly annoyed with me as he made hand gestures and was inaudibly yelling through his windshield. My cell phone rang and it was my parents calling from Florida, where they were vacationing. I had to take the call. Mr. SUV was even more pissed. He got tired of waiting and he sped away.
Right behind him was Mr. and Mrs. MiniVan. They were next in line for my spot. I still had not collapsed the stroller and I needed to climb in the back to belt in Robert. Mrs. MiniVan huffed at me. I rolled my eyes at her and began to vent to my dad on the phone about the ordeal. The couple waited until I was finished and then took my spot as soon as I vacated.

It's not like the parking lot was full. It was 11am on a Monday morning and there were a TON of empty spots. The Walmart parking lot is enormous and I have never seen it filled - not even during the holidays.
But that would mean Mr. SUV and Ms. MiniVan would have to park further away and (gasp) WALK an extra 20 feet. I suppose they'd rather spend that extra 2-5 minutes (and then some) sitting in their vehicle waiting for me to leave - and rushing me in the mean time.

Come on people, don't be lazy. Really, my spot was not exactly the best spot in the entire lot, anyway.

thats all. vent over.

1 comment:

shannon said...

this annoys the crap out of me too! i never let them rush me, unless the parking lot is full, i guess. that does sometimes happen at my work and it is the only reason to wait for a spot!