Thursday, July 21, 2005

Roll over...

For those of you who have spent any amount of time with Robert, you know that he enjoys his belly. He prefers to sleep on his belly (rather than his back, which is the 'rule' when it comes to putting baby to sleep) After a few nervous nights, I became accustomed to Robert's sleeping preferences and since he had/has a very strong neck (he held his head up on his own since very early on) I felt okay about his sleeping on his belly. He has been able to roll from his BELLY to his BACK for about 6 weeks now.

At school, the rule is "Back to Sleep" We will not place a baby in his or her crib in any other position except for their back. Once the baby is able to roll from his or her belly (from their back) they are allowed to be placed to sleep on their belly. (Being that I am his mom, I always broke the rules. I always put Robert in his school crib on his belly, and just hoped that no one would notice.)

Today, at school, Robert was laying on the floor on his back. He had just finished a bottle and I placed him that way. Within a few minutes, I took notice that he was on his belly! I asked the girls if anyone had moved him. No one said they had. Hmm, curious.
I rolled him over to his back and he quickly rolled himself back to his belly!

So, hooray for our little man! We are so proud of the accomplishments he is making! Now mommy doesn't have to hope that no one notices when she puts him in his crib in the illegal belly position!

No comments: