Friday, December 08, 2006

Feeling sad for Robert

Lately, I have had this overwhelming feeling of sadness. Robert is becoming such a big boy, but he is still my baby - my first son, and the love of my life. The sun rises and sets on him. I love him to death and would do anything for him.

Why, then, do I feel guilty by blessing him with siblings? I have been trying to be positive... reminding myself that he is so young that he'll never remember these days of being an only child, and the spolied-ness that comes with it. And that he is going to have a a brother AND a sister, and that 2 years from now they are going to all be best friends (I can't wait for that part). I constantly ask myself, "Is it normal for me to feel this way?"

Maybe I am just sad to be saying good-bye to this current life, and starting a new one. I am so afraid that I will somehow neglect Robert once the twins arrive. And I know I won't, but I'm still afriad I will! It will be hard to balance all three of them. I can't even imagine how I am going to be able to share my love for each one of them individually.

I hope and pray for the day that Robert thanks me for giving him siblings. But for right now, I am just enjoying every special moment of "Robert time" I can get.

No comments: