Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Looking good...

Today was our 28 week visit at the perinatal unit. The doctor said everything is looking really good. Both babies are weighing 2 lbs 10 oz, and measuring perfectly. They are back to their original presentations - laying one on top of the other, with both of their heads on my right. They still have plenty of time to move and get into a 'head down' position for delivery. The doctor also said I still have lots of room inside for them to grow - yikes! I feel like I am bigger than ever and all stretched out! In the evenings, my back is so sore, and my belly hurts from the skin stretching. Its not fun at all.
Tomorrow, I see my regular OB for a routine visit and then I have to have some bloodwork done (1 hour glucose test, to test for gestational diabetes) and I think they will start seeing me every 2 weeks from now on.

We had a very nice Christmas. We had Chirstmas Eve dinner at our house with Bobby's mom, sister and uncle, and opened a few gifts. Robert was up at about 7:30am, and was so excited to see what Santa brought. He didn't really 'get it' yet this year, but once we got the wrapping paper started on the gifts, he knew there was fun to be had, and oh boy did he get spoiled!
We visited with my parents in the afternoon - the first time in 27 years that I wasn't 'home' on Christmas morning.
Bobby is off this week, and the goal is to make some headway on the nursery. I got some paint samples, and once the paint is up, it will all come together, I'm sure.
New belly shot to come... maybe tomorrow.

No comments: