Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Christmas Spirit

This year, I am unable to hang garland from the staircase, stockings from the fireplace or put candles in the windows. I am also unable to display my Nativity.

No, we have not converted.

We have toddlers. 2 of them. and they have already decapitated a wise man, broke the ear of a sheep and yanked the candles off the window sills.

The Christmas Tree is quarantined in the Living Room. We can't see it. We can't enjoy it. It really doesn't look much like Christmas here at all.

Bah Humbug.

2 comments:

Soniya Morales said...

I don't know whether to laugh or say I'm sorry. I was just telling Eugene that next year we won't be able to hang the garlands and lights from the banisters since Gray will probably try to pull it down or trip on the plug or something else equally bad. Course this year, we won't have a whole lot of deco up either since we won't be home for much of the holidays...so no more Xmas for the next few years

Casey said...

You're looking in the wrong places for your Christmas spirit! Look at those three little beautiful faces - they can be your manger! They move a lot more so it's like watching a live show :) haha I understand what you mean but I just want to encourage you to ignore the "fluff" of the holidays and focus on the babies! They are what matters - not trees shoved in the corner or stocking stuck in the closet. I know you know this but I just wanted to inspire you again :)