Saturday, March 26, 2005

another day past...

And still we wait.

I have to admit, I am feeling quite yucky as I type this.

My family came to visit for "Easter dinner" this evening. My sister and brother-in-law were in from Boston with my nephew, and we insisted that they visit us, since we have no idea when I could pop. It was a nice time.

Towards the end of the evening, my sister says outloud "Michelle, you look like you have 'dropped' just since we got here." I thought she was nuts, but checked out my belly in the mirror anyway.

A few hours later, my 88 year old grandmother (who, sadly, is in the early stages of dementia) says to me "you're lower than you were before (meaning my belly)
I suddenly start to get nervous. She may be old, and losing it... but she's been around awhile, and heck, she's had 4 kids of her own.

My mom sat across from me at the table while having dessert (I didn't sit... slouched is more like it) And she said "Your belly is getting hard right now (contracting), isn't it?" She was right, it was... and has been all day!

As we said our goodbyes, my sister, grandmother and dad all agreed that they'd be seeing me sooner than later. My mom, on the other hand, is still a skeptic.

Will I make it through another night? We shall see.

No comments: