Friday, February 02, 2007

February 28th or bust!

There is an end in site - what a relief!

Today's appt with Doctor Kriner was fantastic. He found the babies with the ultrasound. Alex is in position, with his head packed pretty far down in my pelvis. Ava is what they call 'oblique'. She is kind of diagonal across the top of my belly, with her face right on Alex's butt. hmm, interesting.
We are still looking at a c-section, although the doctor would like to see if Ava will move at all in the next few weeks. He said we can schedule a section anytime between 36 and 37 weeks. We are shooting for 37 weeks, which is Feb 28th.

Perhaps you don't know the story with Feb 28th... I'll explain. Bobby and I were married on May 28th, Robert was born on March 28th, Bobby's birthday is October 28th and my birthday is Feb 8th (2-8). I'm hopeful that we'll hang on until then, although Dr. Kriner said that if I can hang on for the next 5 days (34 weeks), anything after that is icing on the cake. Apparently 34 weeks is a huge milestone in twin pregnancies. I'm just about there and have no doubt I'll still be here for awhile after that.
My bloodpressure was a bit high, which was a slight concern, but since this is the first time it was ever high, the concern was minimal. I am showing no signs of swelling, headaches, blurred vision or anything that is cause for alarm. I had it done again at my non-stress test and it was lower, so thats all good.
Doctor also said that my glucose test was very low... which was a shock! In fact, he said that in most twin pregnancies it is usually higher causing an increased risk for gestational diabetes. He said I must be doing something right. I promised him that I have been drinking just as many milkshakes and eating just as much ice cream as always. Still, ironically, I lost 3 lbs. this week. I have been hungrier than ever... especially at 3am! I feel like I eat so much... I guess the babies are hungry... because as you can see from the pic below, "it all goes to my tummy!"

So the end is in sight... It still boggles my mind sometimes that I am going to have 2 babies - at the same time! I am so lucky... WE are so lucky. Now, I really can't wait!

No comments: