Saturday, February 24, 2007

Released... almost

Well, its been another long day and night in the hospital. I really think I was feeling well enough to go home yesterday, but the doc wanted me to stay one more night, just in case. Last night I slept for 5 hours straight, but I'm still sleept, and anxious to be in my own bed.

This morning, the doc told me I can go home, but WITHOUT the medication to stop the contractions - which are seldom now - well, at least I'm not really feeling them anyway. My uterus is what they call "irritable." Who knows what will happen once the meds are out of my system. The babies are champs - they don't get stressed out from the irritability and the doc said they look great. I am waiting to be seen for a scan in the perinatal center, and then I can go.
Once I am home, I was instructed to 'lay around, watch tv, and get up to go to the bathroom.' The doc also said 'no intercourse' I laughed. Was he kidding?
So, unless my water breaks or the contractions come back with the intensity of a few days ago, Wednesday will be D-day. At this point, they won't stop labor if i need to come back before that, tho.
All this excitement is just a precursor of the upcoming week!

No comments: