Sunday, February 18, 2007

t minus 10... and counting!

The countdown is on... 10 days until these tiny Trifs make their entrance into the world.
On Friday, we had the most eventful happening this pregnancy. I went to my regular non-stress test and the monitors were showing that I was contracting every 3 minutes for about 45 minutes. The nurse told me to stay put for a bit longer and that she'd call my doctor if they continued. The babies must have heard the threat and eventually, the contractions stopped. She told me to go home, and rest as much as possible and keep myself hydrated. The contractions continued sporadically for most of the day, and I haven't had an episode since. Yesterday I experienced some Braxton Hicks (practice) contractions, but nothing painful or intense, like Friday.

Dr. Kriner leaves for CA tomorrow. yikes! I'd like for these guys to stay put until he returns, however, I have come to terms with the idea that they may not hold off till the 28th. And I am okay with that. This week, I will be 36 weeks. These babies are baked. And right now they are just 'warming.'
On Thursday, I'll have my last growth scan and I will have an idea of about how much they are weighing. I anticipate them to be close to 6 lbs at this point.

I can't wait to meet them. I am anxious and excited... more than ever!

1 comment:

Casey said...

One last belly shot please! We need to see the final product before these two decide to make their grand entrance! I'm so happy for you guys (and a little anxious!) You'll do great and just remember to take a little time each day to just BREATHE!! :) Happy Mommy-hood time THREE!!!!!!!