Thursday, November 08, 2007

Sick kids...

Alex and Ava have been fighting (what I thought was) a cold since late Monday night. I decided to take them to the pediatrician today, just as a precaution since we were planning to leave tomorrow morning for Pittsburgh to visit Rob and Germaine. At first I felt silly - they have runny noses and a cough. Alex has been grabbing at his ears, and that prompted me to call Dr. Novak.
I'm so glad I did! They both are 'croupy' and have RSV. Thankfully, its not to the point that they need to be hospitalized, but Alex's breathing is very labored and Dr. Novak said he has a feeling that Ava ia headed down that same path. Both of Alex's ears are infected, and he's been put on a steroid for his breathing. Oh, and they both have pink eye.
Dr. Novak says this is a 7-10 day virus. I hope we kick it quick - I'd like to make the trip to Pittsburgh next weekend if it works for Rob and G. Fingers crossed.

No comments: