Wednesday, January 09, 2008

A New Year's Resolution

I tried to post this last night... but blogger wouldn't let me.

Each year I try to make 3 New Year's Resolutions. I have been successful in most past years at sticking to them. So, without further ado, here they are: My first resolution is to post updates to this blog once/week. I've set up weekly reminders on my email and I'll try to 'blog' once/week.
I know someone who writes a monthly blog to her children (individually) and she includes the best pictures and anecdotes to her kids. I so much enjoy her blog and it makes me wish I had done something similar. I feel like I am forgetting to 'remember' so many of the little milestones. I always try to jot it on the calendar when something new happens so I can later fill it in in the baby books... which brings me to my next New Year's Resolution - To fill out A&A's baby books! I have actually started this task, so that's good news!
The last of the resolutions is to make photo books for each month from 2007 and continuing into this year. Instead of ordering prints and buying albums, I will be making the actual albums on kodakgallery.

We had a great Holiday season. Christmas Eve was quiet at home. Gram and Pape came and spent the night. Christmas Day was a whirlwind... A&A woke up at 6:30am and we waited patiently for Robert to get up, which wasn't until almost 9. By that time, A&A were ready to go down for a nap. Robert opened one gift before their nap and then we ate breakfast. Bobby's mom and sister arrived early in the afternoon, and the gift opening extravaganza continued. Robert was most excited about teh lollipops that Santa left. He couldn't be bothered with anything else. It was a fun and long day. And then it was over - just as fast as it came, it was gone!

Bobby was off until this past Monday (January 7th) It was so nice to have him around. The kids were spoiled with his attention. We (and by we I mean Bobby) spent a few days helping my brother lay hardwood floors and do some work in his new house. That meant lots of Gram and Pape time for the kids.
We've decided that we are going to need to finish the basement and we'll likely try to get to done this year. The kids have too much stuff, and we are learning that the bigger they get, the bigger their stuff gets! It seems we are outgrowing this house sooner than I ever imagined, and a new playspace in the basement will be a nice addition to the house.
Now that Bobby is back to work, Robert has taken Bobby's absence pretty rough. He wakes up in the morning crying for him, and wants to be with him all night long.
Ava is still the 'queen bee.' She will keep one hand on Alex's hight chair tray (as if she owns it) while feeding herself franticly with the other hand. She'll stand in high chair and peer over the table to be sure she's not missing anything on her tray. She pulls Alex's hair and uses him for balance and support when she tries to stand up. She is soooo close to walking, and we're sure it will be any day now.
Alex is still laid back. His chubby grin is all I need to get through the day. He can pull himself up and has even started to let go when he is leaning on something for support. His hair is getting long and he'll be due for a haircut very soon. I swear, he is starting to look more like his big brother, Robert. And yesterday, someone stopped to tell me that A&A look more alike than ever... interesting. Both A&A are excellent eaters and have made the trasition to table food quite well. In a few weeks, we'll cut back on formula and begin the transition to whole milk. My checkbook will thank me!

As I end this "weekly entry" (by the way, A&A are 45 weeks old this week) I must note that I began this entry at 8pm. It is now 10:40! It's not that I'm a slow typer, But that this night has been full of excitment (and phone calls) for us. My 'little' brother is about to become a dad! We are anxiously waiting to hear if we have a new niece or nephew. Hopefully we'll know something in the morning!

No comments: