Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Robert

Just a few Robert-isms of late:

Yesterday, he pulled out a collapsable "Thomas" 'toybox' and popped it open. (it kind of resembles a hamper - if you can imagine that) Next thing I know, he has taken his clothes off and tells me he is "swimming in the pool" Interesting for a kid who suddenly doesn't like to take a bath anymore.

Today he made me an "ice cream cone" from a round ball and the yellow ice block from the boo boo bunny.

There has been a perpetual cake baking in Noah's Ark. This Fisher Price Ark has a door on the front which apparently resembles an oven to Robert. He fills it with blocks and repeatedly says "I make a cake for Mommy's birthday"

This afternoon, before his nap, he read to me from his collection of Thomas books. He told me a story from each picture "James is cross" he'd say or Gordon says "hah hah hah." Each book ended emphatically with "DE END. You like dat tory mommy?"

The kid suddenly has a gigantic imagination. He amazes me.

He is always saying "I would like a lollipop?" as if it's a question. If he could live on lollipops, he would. I have tamed him a bit by telling him "Dr. Novak says no more lollipops." which he tells me repeatedly thoughout the day as if I didn't know.
Of course, it wuld be much easier to just not bring lollipops into the house. period.

I hate that he is growing up. I'm going to miss these years.

No comments: