Saturday, May 16, 2009

Mom Mom


This is me with my Mom Mom. She is 92 years old. She can't tell you what day of the week it is or what she ate for breakfast, but she is full of stories from her childhood and she'll tell you the same story 3-5 times in one hour. We laugh, but it's sad. She has her health, but not her mind. She calls me "Mishy". We love her very much.
She traveled all the way to my house for Mother's Day. It meant so much to me. And she told me twice about when she was 9 and knew a girl who came from Bethlehem - she thought the girl was from where Jesus was born. She was in awe that I had twins and within minutes forgot and asked about them again.
I am so blessed to still have Mom Mom in my life. Even if she thought I was my sister for the first 2 hours she was visiting.

No comments: