Wednesday, April 20, 2005

We went to the doctor for a weight check last Thursday (4-14) and Robert was only up 1 oz. The doctor wanted to see him again on Monday and Robert gained 10 oz in 4 days. Unfortunately, he was also running a slight temp. (99.4) the doctor didn't seem concerned, he said Robert may have a cold, but he also took a urine sample to be sure that he didn't have a urinary tract infection - a possibility with the orange-ish streaks we've been seeing in his diapers. I, personally, don't think that he has a UTI, I just think he was dehydrated.

We have been continuing the formula... to my dismay. I hate it. I feel inadequate, like I can't provide nourishment for my own child. I am still working on my supply and intend on calling a lactation consultant soon. Robert has continued to latch on well, but he has a problem with falling asleep while he eats.

Bobby goes out of town next week. Robert and I will visit Gram and Pape Gladu in Horsham for a few days. (Mommy is beginning to like this whole "not working" thing... much more than she thought she would - going back to work is going to be hard!)

No comments: