Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Back to work woes

We have survived two whole days at school/work. The first day, Robert did suprisingly well. He was unable to hold off for his feedings, but I only ended up having to give him an extra 2 oz of formula throughout the day. He is still getting the breast in the morning, mid day and in the evening. He is doing very well with it. I am also able to pump a few times a day and its working out well.
Today, Robert was even better adjusted... he sat and played well. He is the youngest baby in the class... the next youngest is 6 weeks older than he. He doesn't quite interact with the other babies. It makes me sad that he doesn't seem to 'play' yet, but that will come in time.

As for Mommy... well, I am having mixed feelings. Sometimes during the day I think that I can't wait to quit and at other times I think that I need to be there and its good for us. I am still not quite sure how I feel. I just keep thinking about the $5k it is going to cost us to have him under MY care for the next year. I had a chance to inquire my supervisor what can be done as far as an additional discount... it makes sense for me to have free daycare when my son is under my own direct supervision. However, its not possible because he 'counts' when it comes to budgeting for salaries and such. I get very upset when I think about it...
I am very fortunate that I get to be with my son AND work at the same time... thats a definate plus.
For now, I want to stay full time for as long as I can. The extra money will be nice, especially around the holidays. Perhaps in January I will consider going part time. I would never quit completely... I think its good for both of us.
Robert is pooped... school wears him out. Mommy too, but surprisingly not as much as she thought.


And finally... Robert LAUGHED today! I was changing his diaper and I thought he was just gasping for air. Low and behold... it was a realy hearty belly laugh! I was so happy! He's just so cute... and getting so big!

No comments: