Sunday, June 05, 2005

Going back to work...

Well, its almost that time... back to work for mom - and school for Robert. Maternity leave went so fast, I can't believe Robert will be 10 weeks old tomorrow!

I will be going back to work on June 13th. I consider myself so fortunate to be able to share my son's first year of life at daycare with him. If I were not so fortunate, I probably would not be returning to work, as it has been a tough decision and one we have been weighing very carefully. For now, I will be working 9 hour days, 4 days a week. We will have off on Mondays, which will make for nice long weekends!

My mom is betting that I won't last more than 2 weeks. I must admit, I have been reluctant when it comes to thinking about going back. But I think the routine will be great for us and Robert will really benefit from the interactions with the other children. I'm not ready to give it up all together, and maybe will consider going part time if full time becomes too much for me.

Unfortunately, I have to pay tuition! It is at a discounted rate, but still absurd since my child will be in my care all day long.

We shall see...

No comments: