Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Back to the gym for Mommy...

We have finally established a gym routine - just in time for mom to go back to work, blah!

Robert and I visit the gym a few days a week now. Mom walks on the treadmill - about 2-3 miles (much less than ever before and at a slower pace that ever too - remember the days when I could run 5 miles in 40 minutes and still have enough energy for 30 min on the stairmaster AND some weight training? That was only a year ago!) I digress...

All the while, Robert is nestled comfortably in the Eurorider (infant carrier) that rests on my belly. We're so fancy! :) Usually Robert sleeps while mom walks. Little does he know he is doing her a huge favor... he's adding extra weight so that mom burns more calories during her workouts!

Who knows if I'll ever get back into shape again... but I have about $2000 worth of 'pre-baby' (brand new, bought for the honeymoon) clothes in a bin in my basement that say I better!

But, for the first time in my life, I truly don't care if I'll ever be a size 6 again. Life is too short, and I now realize there are way more important priorities. I guess that's what being a mom is all about.

No comments: