Friday, May 13, 2005

A new doctor for Robert

Today was our first appointment with Dr. Novak. WOW! We are sooo pleased with him. His office is clean and new looking. We hardly had to wait at all to see the doctor, in fact, we were 20 minutes late (we got lost) and the ladies behind the desk were sooo nice and understanding.

Robert got his first vaccine today... Hepatitis B. He will have another dose at his next appointment. He should have had the shot at his first visit at the old pediatrician -they didn't give it for some reason unknown to me.

Dr. Novak sat down and spoke with us for about a half an hour. He took the time to explain stuff to us that we needed to know... stuff that may be of concern to us later down the road. He drew us a diagram to show us how reflux can effect the baby, and also told us that the uric acid crystals we were seeing in Robert's diapers shouldbe of no concern.

It was evident that Dr. Novak is really "for the kids." He treated us as if Robert was his only patient, and I am absolutely thrilled with the care Robert recieved. I keep saying over and over that this is the best move (doctor wise) I have ever made. Had we stayed where we were, I would have been miserable each time we went there. I am so glad we made this move while Robert is so young. Dr. Novak's office is about 45 minutes away... I would be willing to drive even farther if it meant the proper care for my son.

Needless to say, I am so happy. Whats that old saying? If momma ain't happy...

No comments: