Sunday, May 01, 2005

So Embarrassed!

I can't believe I forgot to post this last week...

After speaking to my lactation colsultant last Saturday we determined that Robert and I may have thrush. (Yeast infection in the breast) We were both showing the signs. I put a call into my OB and he called in a prescription for me... an antifungal cream for my nipples. He also suggested me to call Robert's pediatrician and see if we could get him treated right away. It was Saturday night and he didn't want me to wait until Monday.
I called the pediatricians office and got the answering service. They told me that Dr. Lynch was the on-call doctor for the weekend and that he would call me as soon as he could. I have never met Dr. Lynch before, but I was okay with that.
A few hours passed. The phone rang at about 8:30. This is how the conversation went:

Caller: Hello, Mrs. Trifiletti. How are you?
Me: Hi. I'm good thanks.
Caller: What's going on.
Me: Well, my OB urged me to call you. I have been diagnosed with thrush. He has prescribed me an ointment (pause)... for my nipples. He suggested that I call you about my baby.
Caller: Oh really?
Me: Yes. (hm, that voice sounds familiar)
Caller: Well, I think you need to have more sex with Bobby...
Me: OHMYGOD... BOBBY, it's Dave!

I was SOOO embarrassed. It was Bobby's friend Dave. I can't believe I was so naive. I never met Dr Lynch, so I had no idea what he sounded like. I wasn't expecting a call from Dave, and here I am talking to him about my nipples!

Dr. Lynch never did call us back. We had a regular checkup that Monday and the (dumb) doctor said that Robert didn't have thrush, despite the white patches on his gums. I still think they are wrong. I can't wait to see that new doctor.

No comments: