Monday, March 10, 2008

FIghts and Water, not waterfights

Alex very much enjoys climbing the steps and seems to have radar that whenever the gate is open, he can climb. And boy is he fast! He'll crawl into the bathroom and entertain himself with a roll of toilet paper or he'll crawl into Robert's room and play with his toys. When I realize where he is, he thinks its a game, and lets out a squeal and will crawl away as fast as he can. I have noticed him 'talking' a whole lot more in the past couple of weeks and his appetite seems to be changing. He used to eat pretty much anything, but lately he has become more picky - just like his big brother - ugh.
Ava is practically running these days. She still boasts her 'in charge' attitude. Today I asked her where her baby was. She walked over to her doll and looked at her, then looked at me. I told her to hug the baby. She picked her up and snuggled with her - actually she kind of clenched the doll between her neck, but I knew what she meant. I was impressed. Today, she bit Alex's finger. I was surprised since Alex has been the 'biter' lately. They already fight like a brother and sister should. She wants what he has, He wants what she has. I give her the exact same thing that he has, and she still wants what he has. She eats off of his tray, he takes her sippycup, they pull eachother's hair. Then I pull my own hair! It's a wonderful life.
And then there is Robert. Roobert has a new fascination with water. Kid won't drink it, heck, he won't even take a bath these days. But for some reason he will take any recepticle he can find, run to the bathroom, fill it with water and find somewhere to dump it. Let's see, so far he has dumped it in a toy traincar, (which had holes in it and made for a mess on my kitchen floor) in his toy ball popper, and lastly, on the TV and cablebox in his playroom. That was an interesting evening. He claims he was trying to 'clean it.' Is this the same kid who pretends not to hear me when I sing the clean up song? how about picking up those trains, buddy? Leave the 'big cleaning' to mommy!

No comments: