Saturday, March 22, 2008

The hole in my jeans

The other day I discovered a hole in my favorite jeans. These aren't my most favorite jeans, but they are my most favorite fat jeans - I only have 2 pairs of those. I have about 8 pairs of skinny jeans, and those are all my favorites, because they are, well, single digit sizes if we must be technical.
Anyway, this hole in my jeans in not in crotch and not in the butt - which are the typical places I'd expect to split my pants when I need to be reminded it's time to start dieting again. The hole is in the left knee, and it's actually kind of cool looking. But, let's face it, I'm not young and I'm not as cool as I used to be. BUT there is still hope... maybe, just maybe, I can be skinny again. Then it won't matter if there is a hole in my knee - cuz my ass (did I just type that!?) will look fantastic.

And so I have finally decided that I will be making the necessary lifestyle changes to turn me into the skinny person I was before there was Ava and Alex. My plan includes using Fitday to track and analyze my dietary needs. I have used this program in the past and it works for me. I love it. I'll also be starting to get some much needed exercise. I don't think I'll be able to run (which has been a major contribution to my past weight loss success) due to my back injuries, but I will start with walking, and maybe I can work up to jogging at some point.

My best friend Kate is getting married in July. I am flying to Hawaii (by myself!) for her wedding. I'd like to lose just 15 lbs in the next three months. I can do it, and now that I've let you in on it, you bet your ass (oops, I said it again!) I'll do it.

The only problem is.... everytime I get skinny, I get pregnant. Hmm, maybe I need to re-think my plan.

No comments: