Thursday, March 20, 2008

it never ends....

I remember the days (not so long ago) when I longed for no more bottles - no more bottles to prepare and more importantly, no more bottles to WASH. I thought for sure I'd have so much time on my hands when the bottle washing days were behind me. I could start a new hobby - or maybe catch an extra hour or so of sleep. HAH. Now my bottle washing time has been replaced... by HIGH CHAIR clean up time. What's worse? I have to clean the highchairs (or at least the trays) EVERY TIME they eat - not to mention 4 hands, 10 fingers, 2 mouths and other occasional body parts - depending on what the meal was. (It's actually quite amazing to discover where a toddler can hide a a morsel! Isn't anatomy fun?) I spend endless hours (okay, minutes) on my hands and knees pushing crumbs into a pile once they are finished 'eating' only to discover that the floor has actually been fed more than the children. And we don't want them to eat those floor casualities (hah, if you think this doesn't happen in my house, you don't know me at all!) because that's just gross. And why is it that even after the 400th cheerio, they still need to eat the ones that feel on the floor? Perhaps we need to think about getting a dog.
After meal clean up is very important, but lately I'd give anything for a day of just bottles - the good ole days.

No comments: