Wednesday, January 07, 2009

New Recipe Tuesday


Last night I made Dorito Chicken Casserole. It was the first recipe that appeared in my Google search at 4pm yesterday afternoon. It's a combination I have heard about for years and have always wanted to try. I had no ideas for dinner and happened to have some fresh chicken in the fridge, so I whipped it up.

The verdict: Not bad. Not terribly good either. Alex ate a decent amount. Ava picked at it. Bobby said it was 'a waste of his perfectly good doritos' and my thoughts were similar: a waste of perfectly good chicken.

On the positive side, it was pretty easy to make. If you like doritos, you can't miss their taste in this one. Of course, Bobby would much rather have them alongside his sandwich at lunch than in a casserole at dinner.
And that, my friends, is a perfect example of the kind of cook I am! (and probably why I hate to cook!)
THANK YOU to everyone who has sent me recipes to try. I trust that you have tried them so they must be reputable. I am anxious to plan for them! And you'll be reading about them - I promise!

No comments: