Monday, January 05, 2009

resolutions

I posted on this very same topic on my skinnyblog, but here I decided to create a new resolution post. This one involves the family so I thought it more appropriate to post here.

This year, I will try 2 new recipes every month. I thought about trying 1 new recipe every week, but if you know me, you know I am not much of a cook. Bobby, on the other hand loves to cook, but is short on time. He isn't crazy about veggies or new foods, so this will be a huge challenge for me. Robert is a terrible eater (got that from Dad) but the twins eat anything and everything.
Right now, I cook the same 6 things: grilled chicken, chicken parm, tacos, meatloaf, pork chops, and turkey burgers. Occasionally Ill make a lasagna or a roast. Friday night is always pizza night. I can follow a recipe pretty well, but I'm just not too creative.

So, now I ask for a favor of you. Can you share your favorite recipes with me? Please?

2 comments:

campbell said...

This is Rachael Ray's twist on meatloaf and I love it. It's a rollup, with proscuitto and provolone on the inside. I use the raisins and arugula and pine nuts, but those can be omitted for picky eaters!

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/rachael-ray/sicilian-stick-to-your-ribs-mealmeatloaf-brasciole-roll-ups-pasta-broccolini-and-ricotta-recipe/index.html

Casey said...

Easy peasy recipe for ya Mich:
1lb ground beef
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 sm. jar Cheeze Whiz
4-6 c rice cooked

Brown your beef then drain and add the cheese whiz and soup (looks disgusting I might add at this point) mix until cheese melts then stir in cooked rice and transfer to baking casserole dish - bake at 350 for 30 mins for a yummy, cheeseburger casserole!!!! I promise it's good! We always serve with bread & butter and applesauce - I guess because my mom always did! haha