Friday, January 02, 2009

Sassy Diva

At 22 months, Ava was finally in need of a haircut!

I took her today to Sweet and Sassy for her first ever hair cut. I already knew she wasn't going to cooperate. When I asked her if she wanted to go get a hair cut, her response was 'eh uh', as she shook her head 'no' emphatically. I'm convinced she had no idea when getting her hair cut entailed.

Walking into Sweet and Sassy was an experience. Think pink. Think girly. Think spoiled. The walls were decorated in 'all things frilly' - signs that read 'Spoiled (but not) Rotten', Frilly slippers, pink bathrobes, and hair bows and ribbons out the wazoo. Do people really buy this stuff for their daughters?
Off to the right were a few girls having pedicures. They must have been 7 or 8. While I was there a woman came in to book a party for her daughter's 10th birthday. Seriously? I digress...

Ava sat - reluctantly- on my lap while she had an inch cut off and some bangs created. She wore a cape that said "Sassy Diva." (very appropriate) When she was finished, the hairdresser sprayed glitter and some smelly stuff in her hair. I paid 15 bucks, left a tip and got the heck out of there.


1 comment:

Soniya Morales said...

She may be a sassy diva, but she's a really cute one.