Friday, February 15, 2008

Life back to normal....


Julie and Howard returned from Mexico last night. Boy, did they look rejuvinated - tan and energized. I was so happy for them. The live such busy lives, and they needed a break. The boys were so happy to see them. Linus seemed a bit comfused at first, but it wasn't long before he was sticking his hands down his mommy's shirt. Julie pumped over 150 oz of breastmilk while they were away (she's unbelieveable) and only encountered a small bit of trouble trying to get it back into the country. We stayed up talking until about midnight and I got to sleep in this morning. We went out to lunch and then the Halls began their drive back to Boston.
We returned to a quiet (but messy) house, and I began to feel sad. I miss the boys. I miss the craziness and the noise that was everyday. Robert keeps saying "I mitt Ahvah" Translation: 'I miss Oliver.' And I tell him that I miss him too, but that he'll be back in 2 weeks for Ava and Alex's birthday party.
Before I jumped into this adventure, I said it could go one of two ways - I would say "It wasn't so bad" OR I would say "I am never doing that again!" Would I do it again? Certainly. The Hall boys really are good boys and I enjoyed every precious minute of them and I'll never get those moments back.
So, it looks like I have my life back - back to 3 under 3, but not for long for Robert will be 3 before we know it! Back to clipping coupons, folding laundry and changing diapers. It will just be a little less noisy and a few less diapers!
But first, just a little bit of letdown.

No comments: