Friday, February 08, 2008

My week as a single mom

Bobby has been in Huntsville, Alabama (Alabammom - according to Robert) since Sunday, and I have succumbed to life as a single mommy once a again. As usual, I was dreading the thought of being alone all week, but I reminded myself that thing s DO indeed run smoothly in Bobby's absence and heck, it couldn't be nearly as bad as last time he was away - when the kids were sick and my back was in bad shape.
WRONG.
On Monday, all three kids had snotty noses. No big deal. I just got a deal on a bunch of Kleenex from CVS, we'll just eat our way through that. Monday night, Alex is coughing. Tuesday, Ava's snot is yellow, and the allergist tells me Alex has 'some' fluid in his ears, but 'he'll be okay.'
Wednesday afternoon, I'm playing on the floor with the kids and I'm suddenly paralyzed! I manage to stand up, but then I can't walk. I give myself a few minutes and I was able to get to the phone to call the chiropractor. He tells me to come in immediately. Luckily, it was not related to my disc injury - I just pulled my sacralilium, but he popped me back into place and sent me on my way. BUT I need to come back on Friday.
Thurday, we call Dr. Novak. Alex and Ava have more that just a cold. They are put on antibiotics (Alex has double ear infections - again! And Ava is treated for Sinusitis) Thank goodness their lungs are clear - I hate that dang nebulizer and I'm so glad we don't have to use it this time.
Friday, We're having company It's my birthday. My parents are coming for dinner. The Halls are coming for the weekend - And I am NOT cleaing the house - not on my birthday! It looks like a daycare threw up in here - and I hope they don't mind a little bit of dust. Julie and Howard are leaving the boys here for the week while they go to Mexico. Am I crazy?

All in all, this week was basically a repeat of the last time Bobby went away. Next week should be an adventure. The title of the next chapter in my book - "A week with FIVE under 4!"

1 comment:

Casey said...

You are a super mom and SUPER aunt! 5 kids under 4, I hope you are drinking :) Just kidding, have fun with the kiddos.