Sunday, February 10, 2008

Life with five under 4 - day 1

Preface: This week, my sister and her husband are vacationing in Mexico. They had planned to leave their kids (Oliver 3, and Linus 6 months) with my parents, but I offered to take them since my parents have alot going on right now and since my house is already child-proofed and we knew Oliver and Robert would enjoy spending a whole week togther. (And because, hey, what's 2 more?) I've decided to blog this experience...
We got an earlier start than usual today. Linus did not want to sleep last night, and the best he gave me was a stretch from 12:45 - 2:30am. After that he was up about every 20-30 minutes. Somewhere in there Alex woke up and remained restless. I finally gave un around 5:30 and we went downstairs to start the day. I put Linus in his stroller (he likes to sleep in the Bugaboo) and he immediately fell asleep. Go figure. I emptied the dishwasher and started some coffee. It wasn't long before Alex and Ava were up for the day too. Bottles and Breakfast were had by 7:30 and the twins were dressed. Linus had a bath and Robert and Oliver woke up and started their day. I plopped them in our jacuzzi tub and I jumped in the shower while they played. Alex and Ava had their usual naps today and pretty much remained in their routine. Linus napped sporadically and drank his bottles. He also had some rice cereal and applesauce - which he loved! I pureed him some peaches and some mixed berries that he can try tomorrow. And I somehow managed to get 4 loads of laundry done - and folded - and put away! Of course it was wonderful to have Bobby home today (he is so happy to have to go to work tomorrow!) the day was pretty smooth, with just a few bumps - certainly harder than I imagined, but still nothing unmanageable for me.
So, I guess the worst part of the day happened before it even started (The sleeping (or lack of) part.) It really makes me appreciate what good sleepers my kids are!
Now, Linus is swaddled in the pack and play next to my bed, Ava and Alex have been asleep for hours and Robert and Oliver are tucked nicely together in the guest bed with heavy eyes and tired souls. For tomorrow is another day... with five under 4!

No comments: