Wednesday, June 18, 2008

A few new tidbits

Alex loves watermelon.
Ava like avocado. (Now I have someone to share with!)

Ava loves to write/color. She often will carry a pen or marker around the house with her looking for something to write on. She will climb on and off of her little riding pony, and yesterday I caught her standing on it!
Last night I asked Alex for a kiss. He looked at me with a big grin on his face, and walked away. I pretended to start crying and he ran back to me and threw his arms around me.
On vocabulary.... Today Alex asked for 'Jue' as I was filling his sippy cup with orange juice. I've pulled out Robert's old flashcards and started going through them with A&A - they actually pay attention.

We are now working on taking one nap and having one bottle each day. I have cut out the morning bottles, but Alex will not drink milk from a cup. We are working on this. (Oh, and Alex is off of soymilk! I transitioned him to 2% sicne he doesn't throw that up and I am now trying to get him to whole milk.)
I find that as long as we keep busy in the morning, they are fine with just one long afternoon nap. Today, we had no morning plans and they were ready to nap by 9:30am. (They were also up much earlier today than usual)

And Robert... he is just Robert. Quite the chatterbox. The love for his siblings is there, tho not always evident. He is a good boy (who sometimes makes bad choices.) Gotta love him.

No comments: