Saturday, June 21, 2008

Update on me

Not sure if you follow my weight loss blog. If not, you wouldn't know that I have lost 25 pounds since March 25th. I am going to Hawaii in 3 weeks for my best friend Kate's wedding, and I started this challenge in a quest to become healthy again before this trip.
I am running between 10 and 12 miles each week, and weight training 2-3 times/week. I have also started taking a Yoga class at my gym and Spinning (cycling) each once/week. I use The Daily Plate to track my calories and weekly weight. It is an excellent tool and really keeps me on track. I eat mostly whole foods - or foods as close to their original form as possible. I have eliminated almost all refined sugars and caffeine and I am sure to get lots of fiber and water every day.
I have created a new lifestyle for myself. I am teaching my children good habits and nothing feels better than that!

2 comments:

campbell said...

I follow your WL blog religiously and am so inspired by your success!!! I bet you are a Skinny Minny. I'm trying to follow in your foosteps -- this year I've become vegetarian and am really trying to avoid sugars and HFCS, and focusing on fruits and veggies and whole grains. It's a constant struggle. I love seeing you succeed!!!

Michael V said...

How do you find time to do all this? Where do you even put your kids????