Wednesday, June 18, 2008

My own stupidity - a sign of the times

Over the weekend I was out running some errands. My last stop was the food store to pick up some fruit for a fruit salad I had to make for a family outing. I promised Bobby I'd be home by noon. After standing in line behind half a dozen people who only had one item (those lines are always the slowest!) I got out of the store with 5 minutes to spare. I got to my car and tried to unlock it using my key fab. Nothing. I pushed all of the buttons. even panic. nothing. How was I going to get into my car?
My cell phone was IN the car. I quickly looked around for a payphone. I haven't used one of those in 10 years! I was grossed out by thought of using it and finally appalled that it costs 50 cents to make a call! When did that happen???
A woman was coming out of the store and must have seen the look of disgust on my face as I grumbled while I dialed. She offered me her cell phone.
I called Bobby and explained my dilemma. He gave me a simple solution. Put the key IN the keyhole ON the door and turn it.
I wasn't even aware my car had keyholes! I've only ever used my keyless entry. I'm an idiot!

No comments: