Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Too much TV

When I taught preschool many years ago, there was a little boy in my class named Brandon. Cute kid with the biggest brown eyes - much like my Robert.
Brandon was not the brightest of all the kids in the class, but man did he know his tv shows. He would bring movies to school a few times a week, knowing he'd have to keep then in his cubby all day. He knew every character of every tv show on Nickelodeon and I just knew that his parents let him sit in front of the tv all day long when he was under their supervision. It was a good thing he was in daycare 8+ hours/day. I always said "I'll never let my kids watch that much tv!"
Fast Forward... I am so so so embarrassed about this: Robert is becoming my very own Brandon! The tv is usually always on in our house - a habit that must stop. A&A don't care either way - in fact Alex doesn't care much for tv at all. Summer is here and we need to spend more time outside and less time in front of the boob tube. I have removed the tv from the guest room (where Robert has been sleeping for the past few months) and relocated it to the basement so I can have something to look at while I am on the treadmill. No more falling asleep to Nicktoons. Mark my words, "My children will not have televisions in the bedrooms!"

New habits forming -- TODAY!

No comments: