Thursday, July 24, 2008

All is well

A&A had a visit with Dr. Novak today. Here are the stats:

Ava is 21 lbs 12 oz and 31.75 inches tall (25th percentile for weight and 75th for height - obviously NOT her mother's daughter)

Alex is 20 lbs 13 oz and 30.5 inches tall (25th percentile all around - as he's always been. This kid gets the medal for consistency)

Both kids had shots in both arms. It was immediate torture, but they recovered quickly. Dr. Novak was pleased to hear that Alex will be getting tube in his ears. He agrees that it is the right thing to do.
The kids were loud, obnoxious and messy in the exam room. We always leave that place a disaster - cheerios all over the place and exam table paper in shreds blanketing the floor. Doctor Novak commented that "people understand when you have 3 small kids" to which I quickly shot back "YOU understand, since you yourself once had twins and a toddler. There are lots of people who don't understand" Then I told him about the nasty lady in Wegman's (I don't think I ever blogged about her) who told my kids to 'shut up' under her breath. Can you believe the nerve? Right there in the produce dept she mumbled "shut up." I politely said outloud "I guess people with children shouldn't be allowed to grocery shop."
I digress. (should have blogged that one)
********
Ava can now reach the water dispenser on the fridge. I must now get in the habit of locking it after I use it (which is constantly!) Some days this gets me my "get out of bathing a kid" free card. (yes, it's that bad!)
Ava also says "sit" (which sounds more like "sh!t") when she sits down. Her favorite place to sit is on the step stool in the bathroom. It's just her size.

Alex has been screaming at the top of his lungs a whole lot. This noise is contageous and soon all three kids are screaming at each other in competition. When he is done, he puts his finger to his lips and says "Shhh." It's very cute.

I am anxious for Robert to go back to school. Isn't that awful? He needs some socialization and more importantly he needs routine. I've been taking him to the gym with me a few times a week, and he gets to interact with other kids there, but lately I have been getting bad reports from the girls that work there and this worries me. He is rough and tough and refuses to listen. Part of me is hoping it's because of my absence and now Bobby's absense, but I guess we'll have to see.

1 comment:

Childsplayx2 said...

So good to see that my son isn't the only one that's significantly shorter than his twin sister!