Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Checkin' out

I am leaving tomorrow for Hawaii - by myself! A 10.5 hour flight - by myself. I am dreading it. I am dreading leaving the kids. But I know once I get there I will be just fine. These past 2 days have been stressful for me - trying to get the house in order, catching up on laundry, squeezing in visits to the gym, and trying to cram my most valuable possessions (i.e. size small clothing) into a tiny suitcase so I don't have to check my luggage. Am I crazy? Don't answer.
My MacBook is preloaded with movies rented from iTunes for in flight viewing. I'll buy a few magazines (probably diet/exercise related) at a news stand. Maybe I'll even splurge and have a diet soda (kidding - I'll have a real drink) during the flight.
For 4 and a half days, I'll have no one to be responsible for but myself. No one crying at my ankles or screaming 'Mommy' from across the room. No diapers to change or noses to wipe, no laundry to fold or dishes to wash.

I'm checking' out now, but I already can't wait to come home. :)

1 comment:

Casey said...

Have a blast! Rock those skinny jeans and that beautiful dress like you were a single girl on a mission - but come home ready for a wave of love from your family :) hehe Take lots of pics and tell Bobby I said GOOD LUCK!