Sunday, July 27, 2008

ode to the twisty tie

My dear dear husband.... he love twisty ties. He cant throw them away. I find them in cabinets, in drawers and scattered around his computer. They don't just come from our weekly loaves of bread. They come from electronics and toys. He finds them and he keeps them because "you never know when you might need a twisty tie"

Me? I hate twisty ties. I throw them away immediately upon opening a new loaf of bread. I find them annoying and irritating and a waste of time. I throw them away when I find them growing in my cabinets and in my drawers.

Last week, however, I wished I hadn't tossed that twisty tie.
A&A got into the bread drawer and pulled scattered an entire loaf of bread all over my kitchen floor - just after I swiffered the floor.

Never had I wished I kept a twisty tie more than that day!

This leaves me two options: get a lock on the bread drawer or change the location of the bread all together.
What would you do?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I suggest a third option...um use a twisty tie on the loaf of bread.

Michelle Trif said...

Bobby, I mean this is the nicest way possible... but "DUH."

(he's one of the smartest people I know, dear blogfans. Why didn't he 'get it?')

EddieB said...

it must be a nerd thing....i have tons of them too - all at the bottom of my electronics boxes and in the utility drawer!