Tuesday, July 22, 2008

i am woMAN

I have recently come to realize that I am not the woman I used to be. Four years and 3 kids later, my brain has become a big ball of mommy mush. Things that used to so easy for me - things that defined my independence - are no longer evident.
When I was 8, I rewired the electricity to my dollhouse. When I was 12, I connected the cable in my bedroom. When I was 16, I could drive myself to the city AND get myself back home without GPS or stopping to ask for directions. Now , I am nearly 30, and wouldn't dare drive into a city! I've been through 2 pregnancies - one of which was a multiples. You'd think I could conquer anything.

Somewhere between 18 and 29 I have lost my sense of independence. I find myself relying on my incredible husband way more than I should. Could it be that I'm just becoming lazier as I age? There are certain chores that I just wouldn't tackle - they just aren't my domain.

Until now.

Since Bobby is away this week, I am going to take it upon myself to do as much as I can without him. This means more than just taking out the trash and putting down the toilet seat.
It means swatting down bee hives, mowing the lawn and maybe having a beer. Heck, I already calibrated my Nike+ without his help.

I can do anything. Well, maybe.

No comments: